As wonderful as relaxing in your own country home can be, we know that you may also want to venture out in to the surrounding area. So here a just a few of the wonderful places you can enjoy during your stay with us on Treharrock Farm.
- otherwise known to ITV 'Doc Martin' series fans as 'Portwenn'. Visit this popular coastal location of the rather grumpy yet much loved television character and see if you can identify Fern Cottage (his surgery), the Dolphin Club and other various buildings and places associated with the programme.
- which follows the entire egde of Cornwall. The North Cornwall section of the Cornish coastal path offers endless opportunities for superb walks. The North Cornish coastline is more dramatic than the south so be prepared for some climbing rewarded by stunning views of sandy beaches, ragged cliffs and crashing waves.
Coast by Road
- venture further along the coast by car for well known places such as Padstow and Newquay to the South West or travel North East for King Arthur's Legendary influence at Tintagel or less well known 'gems' like Trebarwith Strand. Beautiful Cornish beaches are plentiful along this stretch with one of the best at Polzeath, a popular destination for surfers only 6 miles West from Treharrock Farm.
- Cornwall is home to a feast of gardens. There are so many to choose from and none too far to explore. The Lost Gardens of Heligan in Saint Austell is wonderful and caters for all tastes. A good resource to find the garden of your dreams is at Gardens of Cornwall.
- cycle or walk this popular route. Pick up the trail from Padstow, Wadebridge or Bodmin and enjoy a great day out along a former rail route, passing disused platforms, over girder bridges and passed spectacular views of the Camel estuary. Bikes can be hired from any of the three towns mentioned above.
- Cornwall's major tourist attraction. This fantastic feat of engineering occupies a huge pit resulting from the commercial extraction of china clay near St Austell. The scale of the vast biomes, like giant soap bubbles, is amazing. Since its creation, Eden has grown and matured, so if you’ve been before, it’s well worth another look. Check the website for events, as the Eden Team is keen to play host to a variety of bands, storytellers and children’s entertainers.
Visit a Church
- One church we would recommend is Bodmin Community Church
which is well worth a visit. View the website or talk to us for more information and directions.
- Get the most of Cornwall. For family adventures choose from steam trains and shipwrecks complete with pirates; wild monkeys, snowy owls and seals; tin mines (click on the Cornish Mining World Heritage button below for more information including location maps), caverns, castles and historic houses – these are all within easy reach and surrounded by fabulous countryside.
If you would like more information about any of these attractions or want to know what else is available then please just give us a call and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can.